Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adventure from Day 1...

Basically what happened, was I needed to get my electronic dictionary fixed. For some reason, it was doing fine for the 1st several weeks of my owning it, but then it would either not turn on, or it would turn on to the 'welcome' screen, but not let me use it. Yep.

So I explained all that to the lady (who works for this electronics place) in Chinese, and she was messing with it, and she eventually says "it's probly the battery, go to 'this' place and you can find one for cheap." I tell her... "ok, where is 'this' place?" She says, "don't worry, I'll take you there."

Very kind and not normal. She goes to the back, takes off her work apron, tells a few people she'll be back in a little bit, then we start walking. 5 minutes later, we get to this battery stand, and she starts explaining things and trying out batteries... really helping me out a lot, taking care of the situation. Granted, we finally come to the conclusion that the issue isn't the battery, it's my dictionary that has the issue, so yeah, no need to have made the trip but oh well.

We walked back, I thanked her (a ton...) and she kept saying "oh, it's no big thing, don't worry about it!" So I learned some strangers will help and they are honest. Fun, and totally 100% in Chinese.

More on Day 2 coming soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment