Saturday, February 14, 2009

一,二,三,开始!

Hey everyone.  It's been a while, but now I'm in Incheon Airport waiting to get on a 1hr 50min flight to Shanghai. Great weather sofar in Korea, maybe 40-50 degrees out.  Sept for today, in which case it snowed.  It also snowed the day I arrived in Korea, so... a sign?  haha...

My time in Korea was good, though not much to report about.  Parents went to DC for interviews and such, so I was alone for a week.  Pretty much just go up, went for a run, went out to one of the local pastry shops, got some coffee and ate breakfast while studying chinese, get home, make lunch, make some music on the computer, teach piano after school, go somewhere for dinner, and the day is done.  Not too much venturing, but it was a good time.  No school, no stress.

It feels like I'm used to Asia now.  I hear "10,000 won" and it's no biggie (10,000 won is about $7.50 US right now...).  So I'm not super excited for Shanghai.  I'm ready to be there, to get things going, but I'm not bouncing off the walls or anything.  I just hope my mandarin is doing ok... I've been studying a lot, but not speaking a ton.  I mostly just watch Shin Chan in Chinese, and it's amusing.  I understand everything they say now.  So yippee.

I hope I get to move in with my host family today.  Living out of my suitcase in the dorms doesn't seem so great... but I'll keep you posted.  Once I get some internet, let you know what's up.

Till then, 再见!

No comments:

Post a Comment