Saturday, February 19, 2011

Interim

Time is moving rather slowly, which is a nice change of pace. Already cooked 2 meals at home, both times had some friends over. I'm excited for class to start so I can meet more people. Right now, it's basically just hanging out with people I knew from before, and making some appearances in Johns Hopkins group. The roommate search will start next week, which involves interviews… I think my friend Hannah will help me out, she was good friends with Jackson and that crew last semester, and she has an idea of what to look for.

We did french toast this morning, me, Hannah, and her classmate Bernard. Was very good, though no syrup. Just strawberry jam. I really enjoy using my 2 woks, very easy to use and clean.

Still in the process of organizing and cleaning. I have a maid now, comes over once a week and cleans the floor, cabinets, dishes I have left out, tidies things up. I pay her $5 an hour, which is $3 more than what she usually makes. I recently also had a plumber come out, $4 to clean the pipes and whatnot. Got some wireless internet (doesn't work yet…)

A few little first observations: I see a ton of girls here like wearing leggings with wool shorts over top. The taxi drivers here don't really like to talk. In Beijing, they loved talking about their thoughts on the US and government stuff, not so here. It's freezing cold in my house. The eggs I bought the other day froze on the counter.

Things should pick up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment